CaroMont rethinks 'Cheat Death'
Administrators for CaroMont Regional Medical Center decided this weekend to pull the plug on the controversial tagline "Cheat Death." The slogan for a new wellness plan was announced Thursday along with the former Gaston Memorial Hospital's new name. "Cheat Death" was meant to spark a community movement to get well, according to a press release issued by CaroMont Sunday. Community backlash followed, including criticism from residents and CaroMont employees. And Gaston County Commissioners denounced the tagline during a press conference the next day.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US