ATA explores business of telemedicine
"This is an incredible time for healthcare, and we need to look at it from within a specific framework in terms of the dollars and cents of it." Those words, from American Telemedicine Association CEO Jonathan Linkous, form the backdrop for the 2013 ATA International Meeting & Trade Show's Finance and Operations track, which spans nearly 20 sessions on Monday, May 6, and Tuesday, May 7. Healthcare entities of all sizes – from the "solo doc" independent practice to the largest integrated health systems – are working through changes in payment models as fee-for-service arrangements yield to a mix of managed care, accountable care organizations, medical homes and capitated systems.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus