ATA explores business of telemedicine
"This is an incredible time for healthcare, and we need to look at it from within a specific framework in terms of the dollars and cents of it." Those words, from American Telemedicine Association CEO Jonathan Linkous, form the backdrop for the 2013 ATA International Meeting & Trade Show's Finance and Operations track, which spans nearly 20 sessions on Monday, May 6, and Tuesday, May 7. Healthcare entities of all sizes – from the "solo doc" independent practice to the largest integrated health systems – are working through changes in payment models as fee-for-service arrangements yield to a mix of managed care, accountable care organizations, medical homes and capitated systems.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer