VIDEO: Very different hospital bills for the very same treatment
For the first time, the federal government has disclosed what hospitals charge for the 100 most common Medicare DRGs. The findings, revealed Wednesday, show not only massive disparities between hospitals in states nationwide, but even larger gaps between individual communities all around the country. Examples of the different types of bills include use of a ventilator for breathing difficulties, treatment for pneumonia and the cost of a joint replacement. Wonkblog's Sarah Kliff discusses these findings in this video.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care