Belleville Memorial Hospital takes on nation's largest insurer
Belleville Memorial Hospital and UnitedHealthcare are moving toward a showdown next month over hospital and physician reimbursement rates. If an agreement cannot be struck, Memorial and its physicians group will no longer be in the network of the nation's largest insurer. Such contract disputes are becoming increasingly common as insurers and health providers vie for scarce health care dollars in a sluggish economy. The contract talks between Memorial and UnitedHealthcare have simmered for the last couple of years, but they turned potentially volatile in recent days as the two sides began to squabble publicly.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers