Henry Ford's CEO: Proposed hospital merger was 3rd attempt
MACKINAC ISLAND — So how is Nancy Schlichting, CEO of Henry Ford Hospital System feeling, a week after the $6.6-billion mega-merger with the Beaumont health care system unraveled? Could the deal be revived? "You never say never," Schlichting told me in the lobby of the Grand Hotel while attending the Detroit Regional Chamber's annual Mackinac Policy Conference. "We've been through this before with them two other times — when Gail Warden was CEO and when Stan Nelson was CEO — so that goes back a long way," she said. "Sometimes timing is everything."
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013