Henry Ford's CEO: Proposed hospital merger was 3rd attempt
MACKINAC ISLAND — So how is Nancy Schlichting, CEO of Henry Ford Hospital System feeling, a week after the $6.6-billion mega-merger with the Beaumont health care system unraveled? Could the deal be revived? "You never say never," Schlichting told me in the lobby of the Grand Hotel while attending the Detroit Regional Chamber's annual Mackinac Policy Conference. "We've been through this before with them two other times — when Gail Warden was CEO and when Stan Nelson was CEO — so that goes back a long way," she said. "Sometimes timing is everything."
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer