FL rejects Tenet hospital plan near Scripps
State regulators rejected Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s plans to build a research hospital in Palm Beach Gardens that was to partner with the nearby Scripps Research Institute. The Agency for Health Care Administration denied the application by the hospital company (NYSE: THC) on Thursday. The application was initially approved, but Jupiter Medical Center and West Palm Hospital, part of HCA (NYSE: HCA), won a challenge before an administrative law judge that overturned the approval. The May ruling stated there was no need for the 80-bed Florida Regional Medical Center in the area because there is plenty of capacity at existing hospitals.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer