Empowering Case Managers In The ED: A Strategic Role Benefits Patients, Care Teams, and Providers
Empowered Emergency Department (ED) case managers can help hospitals and health systems deliver more coordinated care across the care continuum, while reducing readmissions and increasing clinical quality and patient and staff satisfaction. This white paper provides recommendations for case managers' optimal roles and responsibilities in the ED, and includes examples from a leading healthcare organization who has seen significant benefit from transforming its approach to ED case management.
Huron Consulting Group
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically