Empowering Case Managers In The ED: A Strategic Role Benefits Patients, Care Teams, and Providers
Empowered Emergency Department (ED) case managers can help hospitals and health systems deliver more coordinated care across the care continuum, while reducing readmissions and increasing clinical quality and patient and staff satisfaction. This white paper provides recommendations for case managers' optimal roles and responsibilities in the ED, and includes examples from a leading healthcare organization who has seen significant benefit from transforming its approach to ED case management.
Huron Consulting Group
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch