Empowering Case Managers In The ED: A Strategic Role Benefits Patients, Care Teams, and Providers
Empowered Emergency Department (ED) case managers can help hospitals and health systems deliver more coordinated care across the care continuum, while reducing readmissions and increasing clinical quality and patient and staff satisfaction. This white paper provides recommendations for case managers' optimal roles and responsibilities in the ED, and includes examples from a leading healthcare organization who has seen significant benefit from transforming its approach to ED case management.
Huron Consulting Group
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay