Empowering Case Managers In The ED: A Strategic Role Benefits Patients, Care Teams, and Providers
Empowered Emergency Department (ED) case managers can help hospitals and health systems deliver more coordinated care across the care continuum, while reducing readmissions and increasing clinical quality and patient and staff satisfaction. This white paper provides recommendations for case managers' optimal roles and responsibilities in the ED, and includes examples from a leading healthcare organization who has seen significant benefit from transforming its approach to ED case management.
Huron Consulting Group
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers