Cellphone photos of surgery prompt inquiry
URBANA — If you've had surgery at Carle Foundation Hospital, you signed a consent form that included an OK for the surgical team to take pictures of you during the operation. Carle says the photos are to share with you, include in your medical records and sometimes for research and education purposes — not for what prompted an internal investigation recently: That is, surgery staff members sharing pictures they took on their own cellphones with other surgical employees because the injuries involved were so amazing.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers