Bill Frist aims to build next healthcare giant
Bill Frist is a man driven by challenges. When it comes to healthcare, the bigger the climb, the more Frist is interested. Frist's most ambitious endeavor yet may be Aspire Health, a palliative care physician network for the sickest patients that launches this week in Nashville with the goal of expanding nationwide. It places Frist, who serves as co-founder and chairman, firmly in the business seat of one of health care's biggest challenges: improving care and lowering costs for patients with chronic illnesses.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'