Tenet to acquire Vanguard in surprise $4.3B deal
The deal, when it closes, will give Tenet a footprint in 30 markets across 16 states. Charlie Martin, Vanguard's founder, chairman and CEO, will join Tenet's board of directors, and Keith Pitts, Vanguard's vice chairman, will serve Tenet as vice chairman.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer