A look at $4.6M in Grand Rapids hospital CEO pay
The annual paychecks for the four men who lead Grand Rapids nonprofit hospitals total more than $4.6 million, but there is a wide variance in the amount each chief executive officer earns. At the top is Rick Breon, of Spectrum Health System, West Michigan's largest employer, which encompasses 1,327 beds in Grand Rapids, 10 hospitals and insurer Priority Health. He received $2.14 million in total compensation in 2011. At the other end of the spectrum is Kent Riddle, of Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, whose compensation totaled $390,000. Mary Free Bed is Grand Rapids' smallest hospital with 80 beds.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer