Rapid Medical Evaluation (RME®): The Solution to Emergency Department Overcrowding
Developing innovative ways to increase efficiency in the Emergency Department (ED) can be a critical step in assuring that patients receive the highest quality, most cost effective care. Rapid Medical Evaluation® (RME®) is a proven way to decrease wait times and increase the agility of an ED to meet the different acuity levels that patients require. The fundamental principle of RME is to eliminate barriers and bring patients to providers as quickly as possible. It has been tested and refined in a wider range of EDs from high volume, level 1 trauma centers to rural critical access hospitals — and has consistently proven to increase efficiency as well as patient satisfaction.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers