Executive Insight Report: Top Skills for Top Executives
In an industry where change is the norm, the most important traits for healthcare industry executives are intangibles like communications skills, a vision for transformative culture change, and willingness to adapt to change, according to the latest HealthLeaders Media and Bank of America Merrill Lynch Buzz Survey. Clearly, leaders in the healthcare industry feel that in this time of acquiring, divesting, merging and blending, job #1 is adaptability and a strong vision for their organization. The third Executive Insight Report explores the results of the latest HealthLeaders Media Buzz Survey on executive skills and resources. The data reveal that although financial expertise was ranked lower on the list of outside resources sought, the overwhelming motivator for seeking external financial expertise is long-term financial strategic planning. Importantly, leadership teams are positioning their organization for the future, shoring up liquidity and viability as the industry continues to consolidate.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer