Berwick: Zapping overtreatment, costs takes 'courage'
The former acting head of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services lauds efforts such as the Choosing Wisely campaign, which aim to reduce medical interventions "for which the risks outweigh the benefits."
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines