Berwick: Zapping overtreatment, costs takes 'courage'
The former acting head of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services lauds efforts such as the Choosing Wisely campaign, which aim to reduce medical interventions "for which the risks outweigh the benefits."
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives