'Perverse incentives' perpetuate use of disproven medical treatments
Cheryl Clark, for HealthLeaders Media, November 1, 2013
In what researchers are calling "the largest and most comprehensive study of medical (finding) reversal," they identify 146 medical practices that have been refuted by subsequent studies, but which continue to be used by providers.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers