SSM Health Care OKs Dean Health Systems purchase
ST. LOUIS — A St. Louis-based Catholic health care provider has finalized its merger with a Wisconsin health company. SSM Health Care announced its purchase of the Dean Health Systems group of Madison, Wis., in April. The merger took effect on Sept. 1 after receiving regulatory and shareholder approval The nonprofit SSM operates 18 hospitals in Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin and Oklahoma. Dean Health Systems is a physician-owned organization with more than 60 clinics, plus eye care and pharmacy operations.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives