SSM Health Care OKs Dean Health Systems purchase
ST. LOUIS — A St. Louis-based Catholic health care provider has finalized its merger with a Wisconsin health company. SSM Health Care announced its purchase of the Dean Health Systems group of Madison, Wis., in April. The merger took effect on Sept. 1 after receiving regulatory and shareholder approval The nonprofit SSM operates 18 hospitals in Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin and Oklahoma. Dean Health Systems is a physician-owned organization with more than 60 clinics, plus eye care and pharmacy operations.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care