Fauquier Health, LifePoint sign partnership agreement
Fauquier Health and Tennessee-based LifePoint Hospitals have officially partnered, giving Fauquier Hospital the resources to expand and improve its services, upgrade its facilities, add new technology and develop better ways of recruiting and retaining physicians. According to a Fauquier Health spokeswoman, the Fauquier Health Board of Directors and LifePoint officials recently signed a definitive agreement to form a joint venture to mutually own and operate Fauquier Health, including Fauquier Hospital and its related assets. The agreement will also grant LifePoint with 80 percent ownership and Fauquier Health with 20 percent. It must be reviewed and approved by the Attorney General of Virginia.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer