Fauquier Health, LifePoint sign partnership agreement
Fauquier Health and Tennessee-based LifePoint Hospitals have officially partnered, giving Fauquier Hospital the resources to expand and improve its services, upgrade its facilities, add new technology and develop better ways of recruiting and retaining physicians. According to a Fauquier Health spokeswoman, the Fauquier Health Board of Directors and LifePoint officials recently signed a definitive agreement to form a joint venture to mutually own and operate Fauquier Health, including Fauquier Hospital and its related assets. The agreement will also grant LifePoint with 80 percent ownership and Fauquier Health with 20 percent. It must be reviewed and approved by the Attorney General of Virginia.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening