Consider Stark Law, options when selling practice
The sale of a physician practice must always be viewed in light of the regulatory requirements and prohibitions of the federal anti-kickback statute and Stark Law, including the need to confirm that the purchase price is consistent with fair market value, explains Ed Brown, JD, partner at the law firm of Burr & Forman in Atlanta.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus