Online resource available for cancer patients choosing new health insurance
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Nineteen cancer and patient advocacy organizations have launched a web site to help patients choose insurance plans in the new health insurance marketplaces that will begin next week. CancerInsurance Checklist.org is a free resource -- paid for with a grant from Novartis Oncology, a division of the drug manufacturer Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. -- and is geared toward people with cancer, a history of cancer or a risk of cancer who will be picking new health coverage through insurance plans that will be available for purchase Oct. 1 under the Affordable Care Act.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models