Online resource available for cancer patients choosing new health insurance
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Nineteen cancer and patient advocacy organizations have launched a web site to help patients choose insurance plans in the new health insurance marketplaces that will begin next week. CancerInsurance Checklist.org is a free resource -- paid for with a grant from Novartis Oncology, a division of the drug manufacturer Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. -- and is geared toward people with cancer, a history of cancer or a risk of cancer who will be picking new health coverage through insurance plans that will be available for purchase Oct. 1 under the Affordable Care Act.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions