Lawmakers offer new Medicare plan for paying doctors
Republican and Democratic lawmakers have agreed on a framework to replace the problematic Medicare payment formula for doctors with a plan that would link reimbursements to the quality of care provided. If successful, the plan could end the annual ?doc fix? debate. The draft released Thursday by the Senate Finance and House Ways and Means committees would eliminate the sustainable growth rate, or SGR, formula. That formula will reduce Medicare doctor payments by nearly 25 percent Jan. 1 unless Congress intervenes.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion