Specific plan needed for ICD-10 education, but don't jump the gun
The move to ICD-10 threatens to create billing chaos for physicians, which could in turn create serious financial problems for practices. One of the best ways to avoid problems is to make sure your billing staff know the many, many new codes and how they are applied differently than ICD-9 codes, so you need a specific plan for educating staff about ICD-10.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013