VT hospital says 30 days to gauge new payments
It will be at least 30 days before officials at Vermont's largest hospital know how well the transition is going to the new health insurance system that is going to start making and paying claims on behalf of patients, an official at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington said Monday. Shannon Lonergan, the director of registration at Fletcher Allen, said she anticipated some troubles in the transition, which begins Wednesday, especially from patients who have enrolled in the new health care system through the Vermont Health Connect system but have not yet received their insurance cards.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care