On 'Meet the Press,' Noseworthy says healthcare system in US needs restructuring
While saying health care reform is a good start, Mayo Clinic CEO Dr. John Noseworthy cited a need to address the "sustainability of Medicare" as well as other issues while speaking on "Meet The Press with David Gregory" this morning. Dr. Noseworthy appeared on the live news show alongside Dr. Toby Cosgrove, CEO of the Cleveland Clinic, to discuss "How does Obamacare impact your health coverage?" The Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, is a good beginning, he said, but it's important to be working on improvement in many segments of the health care industry. "The long-term sustainability of Medicare is something no one has taken on yet," said Noseworthy.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says