HMA holders approve sale to CHS
Health Management Associates Inc. shareholders have approved the company's sale to competitor Community Health Systems. HMA's board recommended in November that shareholders vote for the sale. The purchase includes HMA's newly built Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center, a key provider of health services to the poor in several rural counties of southeast Missouri. The deal values Naples, Fla.-based HMA at $13.78 per share. The companies have put the total value of the cash-and-stock transaction at $7.6 billion, including HMA's debt. Community Health Systems Inc., which is based in Franklin, Tenn., offered to buy HMA in late June.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line