Improving Accountable Care: Requirements for Population Health Management
Many healthcare organizations believed that the electronic medical record (EMR) was the only technology needed to meet the objectives of accountable care. It became clear that while the EMR provides important information for population health management, additional technology is required. Population health management applications have emerged that provide integrated patient-level data (e.g., claims and clinical) from multiple sources that can be used at the point of care to improve decision making.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013