Health Department says some in RI might have been exposed to measles

The Providence Journal, March 4, 2014
The Rhode Island Department of Health is working with two area hospitals to reach patients that it says may have been exposed to a person who likely had measles. The Health Department said in a news release Sunday that it is working with Rhode Island Hospital and Roger Williams Medical Center because the person with measles was in both hospitals last week. "The first potential exposure took place on Feb. 25 at Roger Williams Medical Center, where a man was treated for a sore throat and fever. On Feb. 28 that person developed a rash and was seen at the CVS Minute Clinic in North Attleboro, Massachusetts, and the possibility of measles was recognized," the Health Department said.

MOST POPULAR

SPONSORED REPORTS
SPONSORED HEADLINES

SIGN UP

FREE e-Newsletters Join the Council Subscribe to HL magazine

SPONSORSHIP & ADVERTISING

100 Winners Circle Suite 300
Brentwood, TN 37027

800-727-5257

About | Advertise | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Reprints/Permissions | Contact
© HealthLeaders Media 2015 a division of BLR All rights reserved.