$400,000 paycheck for new WY hospital CEO
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center's new chief executive officer earns $400,000 a year. Margo Karsten officially started Feb. 1 and has a three-year contract with the board. She was interim CEO before that, starting in September 2013 when the hospital's former leader, John Lucas, retired. Karsten was hired as the interim chief operating officer in July 2013. Her compensation plan as CEO also includes an incentive package that bases additional pay on achieving goals. These goals are in areas like quality of patient care, patient satisfaction, employee engagement and finances.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal