Rural Maryland lacks healthcare resources
Kerry Palakanis has spent most of her career as a nurse practitioner working in rural communities. She comes face to face with the everyday challenges of providing healthcare in a rural area where health disparities include higher rates of heart disease and obesity and lower life expectancy rates. "We’re akin to a Third World country,” Palakanis said.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch