$7 million 'hospital within a hospital' planned for Missouri Baptist
A Pennsylvania-based specialty group is seeking approval to operate its own "hospital" within Missouri Baptist Medical Center. Pending approval from state health regulators, the Pennsylvania group, Select Medical Corp., plans to add 38 long-term acute care (LTAC) beds to the fifth floor at Missouri Baptist, according to an application filed with the Missouri Health Facilities Review Committee. LTAC beds are reserved for patients who are typically in the hospital for more than 30 days and in need of complex care due to medical issues such as respiratory and heart failure, severe infections, slow-healing wounds, post-surgery recovery or bladder and bowel impairments.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program