Obamacare subsidies may be wrong
The government may be handing out too much or not enough money in healthcare subsidies to more than 1 million people, according to a report by The Washington Post. Citing internal documents and people familiar with the matter, the newspaper said that people who listed different incomes on their insurance applications and IRS documents could be getting the wrong amount of subsidies. While the government can contact those people to get them to correct their records, it is stuck waiting for their response. Even once they have gotten back to the feds, the government cannot update their information because the ability to match the proof with the application has not yet been built.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives