Wait times to see a VA doctor an issue for MI veterans
U.S. Congressman Gary Peters heard from local veterans about their personal experiences at Veteran Administration health facilities — in the wake of a scandal in parts of the country involving patient care records. A standing room only crowd turned up at the Michigan Veterans Foundation to voice their concerns about the wait for medical care through the VA reports WWJ's Marie Osborne. "Pitiful," said Navy veteran Horace Anderson in reaction to the scandal. "Pitiful and I hate to say it but sometimes it's kind of expected." Although he says he's satisfied with his care through the VA, it sometimes takes up to three weeks to be seen.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch