Highmark CEO ousted by board
Highmark President and CEO William Winkenwerder is out after less than two tumultuous years at the region's biggest health insurer. Highmark's board met Tuesday and decided to replace Winkenwerder with David Holmberg, who is CEO of Highmark's HVHC Inc., the third-largest provider of manager care visions care products and services in the country and the seventh-largest global distributor of eyewear worldwide. Winkenwerder, 60, came to Highmark in July 2012. "This is about accelerating the pace of change," Chief Communications Officer David Carter said Wednesday. Holmberg has a "consumer-focused skill set."
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers