PinnacleHealth-Hershey Med merger: close scrutiny expected
Hospitals used to merge with little outside interference – even though the mergers often led to higher prices for consumers. But amid a national wave of merger and consolidation and concerns about the results, the Federal Trade Commission has become more likely to block a merger. The proposed merger of PinnacleHealth System and Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will likely receive a rigorous review from the FTC. It will likely draw a similar review from the Pennsylvania attorney general's office, which sometimes collaborates with the FTC in challenging mergers.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- 6 Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives