Opinion: Don't rule out anything on Medicare
Medicare, the federal government's second largest entitlement program, is slated to grow much faster than the economy in upcoming decades. The sooner we address the pressing budgetary challenge posed by the program's unsustainable growth, the better. Unfortunately, a new Senate bill would put up roadblocks on the path to reform by ruling out potential Medicare solutions. Although the Congressional Budget Office's new long-run budget outlook is slightly less dire than last year's outlook, the agency continues to project explosive Medicare spending growth over the next 75 years.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings