Accretive Health's new CEO says top job is financial restatement
On his first day on the job as CEO at hospital billings company Accretive Health Inc., Dr. Emad Rizk said Monday his first priority is to finish a massive restatement of the company's finances dating back to the second quarter of 2010. Rizk, in an afternoon call with analysts, declined to take any questions on the Chicago-based company's business performance or the timing of the restatement, saying instead he'd address those issues "in the coming months." Accretive has not released any data on its performance since early 2013. That spring, the company pulled nine quarters of financial statements because of accounting discrepancies.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs