HCA's Bovender to retire, Bracken named new CEO
Jack O. Bovender, Jr., chairman and CEO of HCA Inc., will retire as CEO of the nation's largest for-profit hospital company at the end of this year and remain as executive chairman and a member of the board of directors until December of 2009. Richard M. Bracken, HCA's president and chief operating officer, will remain as president and take the helm as CEO on Jan. 1, 2009, in accordance with the company's existing succession plan.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus