Fairview job cuts are latest for Minneapolis-area healthcare
Fairview Health Services has announced it is laying off 150 to 200 employees. Fairview is the owner of the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview Southdale Hospital, and other medical facilities in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, and representatives said the job cuts are across the board and will occur through October. The reductions represent less than 1% of the workforce, and Fairview is also cutting overtime and delaying some maintenance projects.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion