Healthways shuffles leadership
Disease management company Healthways Inc. has named Steve Brueckner as company president. Bruekner, a veteran at Humana Inc., takes over the title from CEO Ben Leedle Jr. He will also serve as the company's COO. "By having a proven executive of Steve's caliber focus undivided attention on the disciplined execution of the day-to-day management of our business, I will be able to be engaged more fully in driving Healthways growth globally through our three central initiatives," says Leedle, who also warns of possible layoffs before the year is over.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'