Healthways shuffles leadership
Disease management company Healthways Inc. has named Steve Brueckner as company president. Bruekner, a veteran at Humana Inc., takes over the title from CEO Ben Leedle Jr. He will also serve as the company's COO. "By having a proven executive of Steve's caliber focus undivided attention on the disciplined execution of the day-to-day management of our business, I will be able to be engaged more fully in driving Healthways growth globally through our three central initiatives," says Leedle, who also warns of possible layoffs before the year is over.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus