Gallatin, TN-based Sumner Regional Medical Center plans 90 layoffs
The Tennessean, November 4, 2008
The parent of Sumner Regional Medical Center in Gallatin, TN, said it would lay off 90 employees and cut the hours of almost two dozen others, citing a challenging operating environment for hospitals. Most of those losing jobs were in nonmedical administrative or management jobs. Cuts will be made at the not-for-profit system's corporate offices; its flagship hospital in Gallatin; Riverview Regional Medical Center in Carthage, TN; and Sumner Homecare and Hospice.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care