Gallatin, TN-based Sumner Regional Medical Center plans 90 layoffs
The Tennessean, November 4, 2008
The parent of Sumner Regional Medical Center in Gallatin, TN, said it would lay off 90 employees and cut the hours of almost two dozen others, citing a challenging operating environment for hospitals. Most of those losing jobs were in nonmedical administrative or management jobs. Cuts will be made at the not-for-profit system's corporate offices; its flagship hospital in Gallatin; Riverview Regional Medical Center in Carthage, TN; and Sumner Homecare and Hospice.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts