HCA job cuts may affect 100 employees
HCA Inc. is closing the emergency department and most other operations at its 38-bed hospital in Portland, TN, a decision that affects about 60 employees. In addition, HCA subsidiary TriStar Health System is planning to cut 50 administrative and management jobs in 2009, including through not filling open positions and changing the roles of some employees.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts