Nurses at Independence, MO-based Centerpoint seek to leave union
Nurses at Centerpoint Medical Center in Independence, MO, have submitted a petition to decertify from Nurses United Local 5126, an affiliate of the American Federation of Teachers' healthcare division. In 2007, Nurses at Centerpoint Medical Center voted to select Nursing United Local 5126 as their exclusive agent. Poor communications with management, on-call and vacation issues, nurse-patient ratios, and pay were among reasons cited. But during the ensuing year, Nurses United was not able to negotiate a new contract with Centerpoint.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts