Hunter out, Wiebking in as Provena Health CEO
Steven Hunter is out after less than 18 months as chief executive of Provena Health, one of the Chicago area's largest hospital operators. Provena representatives said it has replaced Hunter with long-time board member and former Abbott Laboratories executive Guy Wiebking. Provena would not comment on reasons for the change. Provena has been engaged in a high-profile battle with the Illinois Department of Revenue over whether its Urbana hospital, Provena Covenant Medical Center, should be paying property taxes. Provena Health operates six hospitals and 16 long-term care and senior residential facilties in Illinois.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013