New head of Morton Plant Mease Health Care must navigate tough times
Glenn D. Waters, the new president of Florida-based Morton Plant Mease Health Care is taking over in interesting times—just as the economy is teetering and the new powers-that-be in Washington, DC, are poised to tackle healthcare reform. Waters is now in charge of four hospitals: Morton Plant in Clearwater, Mease Dunedin Hospital in Dunedin, Mease Countryside in Safety Harbor, and Morton Plant North Bay in New Port Richey. In this Q and A with the St. Petersburg Times, Waters discusses the task ahead.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'