Hospital suspends worker who failed to report NFL star's gunshot wound
An employee at New York Presbyterian Hospital was suspended for failing to report the gunshot wound of NFL star Plaxico Burress, said a hospital spokeswoman. "We can confirm that the individual at New York Presbyterian Hospital, who was responsible for failing to report the incident, has been suspended," hospital spokeswoman Kathy Robinson said. New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg also lashed out at New York Presbyterian for failing to inform police about the incident. He called on the state attorney general to "go after" the hospital for a "chargeable offense."
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers