Hospital suspends worker who failed to report NFL star's gunshot wound
An employee at New York Presbyterian Hospital was suspended for failing to report the gunshot wound of NFL star Plaxico Burress, said a hospital spokeswoman. "We can confirm that the individual at New York Presbyterian Hospital, who was responsible for failing to report the incident, has been suspended," hospital spokeswoman Kathy Robinson said. New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg also lashed out at New York Presbyterian for failing to inform police about the incident. He called on the state attorney general to "go after" the hospital for a "chargeable offense."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream