Hospital suspends worker who failed to report NFL star's gunshot wound
An employee at New York Presbyterian Hospital was suspended for failing to report the gunshot wound of NFL star Plaxico Burress, said a hospital spokeswoman. "We can confirm that the individual at New York Presbyterian Hospital, who was responsible for failing to report the incident, has been suspended," hospital spokeswoman Kathy Robinson said. New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg also lashed out at New York Presbyterian for failing to inform police about the incident. He called on the state attorney general to "go after" the hospital for a "chargeable offense."
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending