Judge: UPMC must pay settlement to former secretary
An Allegheny County, PA, judge set a deadline of December 5 for University of Pittsburgh Medical Center to pay a settlement to a former secretary who sued Magee-Womens Hospital for wrongful termination and a violation of the state's Whistleblower Law. Donna Kovacs and UPMC reached a settlement for an undisclosed amount in November as the trial was beginning. But the two sides have been squabbling since then about provisions in the settlement.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest