Hospital jobs healthy in Northern Kentucky, Greater Cincinnati area
Cincinnati Enquirer, December 10, 2008
Hospitals throughout Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati increased total employment 12% from 2002 to 2007, to 51,802 workers. As a group, they still have about 2,500 jobs available. The statistics are part of an annual economic impact of $13.9 billion a year from the region's 31 hospitals, according to a study by University of Cincinnati economists. The impact has jumped more than $1 billion a year since 2002, according to the study.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically