New law to end mandatory OT for PA nurses
A new law that becomes effective in July will prohibit facilities from forcing nurses and certain other healthcare workers to work beyond their scheduled shifts. The legislation aims to improve patient safety, and prevent healthcare facilities from disciplining or discriminating against a caregiver who refuses to work beyond a scheduled shift.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers