Des Moines medical center offers workers chance to retire, go part-time
Des Moines Register, January 12, 2009
Des Moines, IA-based Mercy Hospital Medical Center offered its employees the chance to voluntarily resign from their jobs or switch from full-time to part-time status, according to a memo sent to Mercy's more than 6,900 employees. The voluntary staff reductions come as many Des Moines-area businesses face cutbacks and job eliminations in the face of an economic recession. However, Mercy officials emphasized that the offer was not strictly about the economy: The hospital views the offer as a benefit to employees who are planning to change their status with the company.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts