Des Moines medical center offers workers chance to retire, go part-time
Des Moines Register, January 12, 2009
Des Moines, IA-based Mercy Hospital Medical Center offered its employees the chance to voluntarily resign from their jobs or switch from full-time to part-time status, according to a memo sent to Mercy's more than 6,900 employees. The voluntary staff reductions come as many Des Moines-area businesses face cutbacks and job eliminations in the face of an economic recession. However, Mercy officials emphasized that the offer was not strictly about the economy: The hospital views the offer as a benefit to employees who are planning to change their status with the company.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus