Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-Iowa to cut 80 jobs
AP/Chicago Tribune, January 14, 2009
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-Iowa plans to eliminate about 80 full-time, non-clinical positions over the next year because of worsening national economic conditions. Wheaton officials plan to immediately lay off 15 people who work at hospitals and clinics in Waterloo, Cedar Falls, and Oelwein.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data