Eastern Pennsylvania health system announces layoffs
AP/Philadelphia Inquirer, January 15, 2009
Wyoming Valley Health Care System in Wilkes-Barre, PA, announced that the sagging economy is forcing it to lay off managers and other personnel. Seven managers and eight non-management staff are being cut, officials said. Twenty plant and facilities construction staff members are being temporarily laid off pending analysis of future building and construction needs, and 55 vacant positions aren't being filled.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care